The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A visit to Grandma and Grandpas!! Part 7

~A promise is a promise~
Earlier on in our stay we had promised the kids to take them swimming in the new pool that the town has now. The day we went was FREEZING outside, but so much fun inside.
They have a lazy river section which was really funny at first. My grandma Ruth braved the water with me and when we first got in my kids were all being such chickens. It was a huge shock since Abby's normally my brave girl. It didn't take her long though to warm up to the idea. They had life jackets available to borrow and we put one on all the kids and had a great time!
Grandma Ruth helping Abby on the Lily pads...she and Derrick had a lot of fun on these! Derrick was really good at getting from pad to pad and Abby got better each time!

Another perk of the pool was the slide in the shallow part of the pool...they ALL loved this one.

Madie loved to play in the water fountain area. She tried to drink the water a time or two. I guess it does look similar to a drinking fountain!!

Madie, Derr and I on the lazy river!
Derrick floating down the river!
Grandma Ruth, me, Madie, Cailee and Brooklyn (my cousins daughter) in the shallow end. I think we are watching someone on the lily pad thing, but not sure.

We had such a great time! Thanks Grandma for the fun pool time!! Thanks Mom for taking pictures so I didn't have to worry about it!! Funny story to note:

We weren't exactly ready ready to leave, but had a quick exit when Abby swallowed too much water and it came back up...OOPS. I was so embarrassed. Thankfully my Mom was brave enough to tell someone that she had thrown up in the pool. I have no idea what they did about it...we got everyone dried off as best as we could and headed back to Grandma's house!

No comments: