The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A visit to Grandma and Grandpas!! Overview

We had such a great 2 weeks visiting Grandma and Grandpa's this past June. Part of the reason for the visit was that we were in the middle of adding on to our house and going to be laying carpet in the old part of the house. Blake was a trooper and stayed home to get EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING moved out and preped for them to be able to do it.

The kids and I definately had a fun time. We played hard with cousins, watched a little of Uncle Justin's baseball, swam, visited great grandparents, went to the Jones farm with family, played some more, worked on Relief Society Activity Stuff (that was a fun night getting to visit and put together some fun things), ate great food and so much more. In fact we played so hard that this is what Madie was like many of days at lunch time...


We got to enjoy yummy chocolate chip cookies!! They are always so much better when my mom makes them!

We feel so lucky to have the family we have. There wasn't a dull moment! The kids loved to tease Grandpa when he came home from work and have him tease them back!! It's often heard that Grandpa is a stinker-bug...it really stuck after Kenna starting calling him that! I of course loved having the chance to spend so much time with my Mom and sisters! I sure do miss those times. I really enjoyed the times I got to spend visiting with my Grandparents. Growing up I was so spoiled to have both sets of grandparents right there all the time. Now that we are further away I don't have that as much, so it's always a joy to get to visit. It was fun playing games (as always) and watching my little brother play baseball! We always have such a good time together! And of course we can't leave out Sophie and Toby...they are a source of entertainment for the kids on many of occassions. Sophie is such a funny cat and Toby is Madie's best friend!
I can't ask for a better family!

No comments: