The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Soon to be four...and update on Cailee

We are soon going to be the parents of four!! We are going to have baby girl on Monday! I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I am hoping that it goes quick since I will be induced. We are going to go in first thing in the morning. They said we need to be there by 8:00 am but could go a little earlier if we wanted. My Mom is going to be coming Sunday and I am so glad she is! She'll help get kids ready and then the kids fairy godmother will be picking them up for the day so my Mom can be there at the hospital with Blake and I. (Thanks fairy godmother for everything!!) I can't wait to see our little angel and hold her in my arms! We don't have a name picked out yet...we are waiting to see her. I am just so excited! Hopefully I'll be able to sleep Sunday night.

My doctor is going to let me be induced on Monday because Cailee will start her IV treatments on Friday and I need to be there for her, I want to be there. I just can't think of not being there with her. Cailee, baby and I will go to the hospital and start the long process. They will start her on the IV, draw blood for some tests and give her a steroid in the IV and Benedryl and Tylenol by mouth so they can tell if she has an allergic reaction to the Rituximab (the cancer medication they are going to be using). Once she's had that in her system for 30 minutes she will be able to start the Rituximab. They start out at a very small dose to make sure her body will be able to handle the meds. Depending on how her body will take to it, they will up the dose by 25 mg every half hour up to a certain dose. We are hoping they are able to so she doesn't have to be there for 11 hours. If she can only take the lowest dose, it will take that long to get all of the medication. Once she's done, she'll have to have her vitals monitored for an additional hour to make sure she's doing okay. Then as long as everything is fine, we will be able to come back home until the next Friday.

We hope and pray that this will put her into remission. We found out today that this is our last option and that if this doesn't work, we will have to watch her kidney function over time and see how long they hold out. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for her and I have to trust that she will be able to live a long and happy life. I don't think things have really sunk in yet for either Blake or I...I think I have some kind of mental block right now. I just hope I can keep strong for her as she goes through these next four weeks.

That's about it for the update for now. I will post pictures of new baby girl Crossley as soon as I can! Wish us all good luck!

4 comments:

LeMira said...

Good luck, Christy! I can't believe that the time has flown by this quickly for the baby to be coming already. Cailee is such a strong, sweet girl, and the Lord will take care of her and you. Give her squeezes for me!

Guymon Family said...

Wow what an emotional week you have ahead! Good luck, I'll be praying for you.

Jen said...

Hi Christy,

I'm so glad I found your blog. I wanted to tell you how amazing I think you are. The faith and strength you have right now will carry you through, and the times that doesn't feel like enough I know Heavenly Father will hold you up. He knows you need to be there for your family...physically and emotionally. I know a little about Rituxin as that is the treatment I will start on when the time comes. I've heard wonderful things about it, and I pray that it's exactly what Cailee needs to get her into remission. Good luck with everything, and please let me know if I can help in any way.
((hugs)) Jen Benson

Ashley said...

Christy, good luck tomorrow with the delivery! What an exciting day for your family! And good luck to Cailee with her treatment! She is in our prayers. Be strong. =)