The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

And now...the rest of the story!

Here is the story of Madie's birth...we got to the hospital a little before 8:00 and got settled into our room. We had a great room. It was huge and the bathroom was very nice. It had a nice hot tub/spa that was very awesome. Once we were settled, my doctor came and got things going. I stayed on the monitors for a while and we watched to see how baby was doing. She was really wiggly so it was pretty funny to listen to the monitors. Once we saw that she was doing well, I was allowed to get up and walk around for a while. Blake and I took a number of different walks throughout the day. In the morning, my Aunt stopped by after work and stayed for a little bit, so we enjoyed visiting with her. My Mom came to the hospital once the kids Fairy godmother picked them up for the day (thanks again)! Later on in the day, my Mom ran and got a few card games, so we played a few games of UNO. I actually won one of the rounds.

At about 3:15 things weren't progressing as fast as I was hoping, so I decided to relax in the spa for a little bit. I got to stay in there for about a half hour(very nice) and then my nurse started the patosine to help things along. I had the best nurse, by the way. I was so lucky. I couldn't have asked for a better nurse. She was so caring and friendly. Anyways, once we got that going, I decided to go ahead and get an epidural. I enjoyed the morning so much I decided that I wanted to enjoy the rest. So once I got an epidural things went pretty quick. I got the epidural around 4 and went from a 4 to ready to push in an hour. My doctor ran to make it and once she got there, three pushes and little Madie was born! I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery. It was perfect and ended with a perfect, sweet little baby girl joining us!

This is the side view the morning of...

The back view...we didn't intentionally get the bathroom in the background.

Little Madie that night.

My doctor with Madie the next morning. I have the best doctor. Monday was her day off and she went ahead and started me so that I would have a little more time to recover before Cailee's stuff on Friday. How sweet is that.


Daddy getting Madie ready to go home!

Madie and I before going home. She's just a sweetie. I just can't get enough of her sweet little cheeks!

Madie and I (sleep deprived) before going home. I was very ready to go home so I could actually get some sleep.


4 comments:

LeMira said...

Yea! I'm so happy for a good baby story. She's so cute, and I'm glad you did so well. I hope Cailee is doing all right.

Unknown said...

I see my name!

I'll see ya soon.

Angela said...

She is just adorable. We sure had fun today with Abby and Brandon!

Our Future Rooted in Our Past said...

Congratulations Christy and Blake. Your new little one is beautiful. I I hope pary for Cailee's health and welfare.