The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Angels among us

There are times in our lives when I know there have to be angels among us. There are people here on the earth that in my book can hold the title of angel for the numerous acts of kindness they perform for others. These acts are done without expecting anything in return and most of the time the receiver doesn't even know it was them. The angels have listened to the Spirit our Father in Heaven has sent and act on the promptings they receive. They may not know why they are to be doing what they are doing on that specific day, but follow through anyways.

Our family has been blessed on more than one occasion with these special angels. My heart is so full of gratitude to my Father in Heaven for sending these angels to us. I can't even count the number of times that I have received phone calls on the days that I have been struggling because there has been no change in Cailee's kidney progress or just feel down, when someone shows up on our doorstep and brightens our day or the times when our doorbell has rung and when we open the door we don't find an angel but a package from our anonymous angels.

So to our angels...I know you are out there, you know who you are...I don't know if you will ever read this, but I hope someday that you will know of the gratitude and love my family has for you and what you have done for us. Some how you have known what to do to uplift our hope and spirits. Some days have been so overwhelming that I wonder where that next bit of hope is going to come from and there you are. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Those of you who are our family and friends, you are our known angels and I have so much love and appreciation for each of you. Thank you to eveyone who has helped us along our path of life. We may not chose every path our lives take, but I am glad to have my angels along the way.

I hope someday that I can be somebody's angel and pay it forward.

2 comments:

LeMira said...

Christy, you have paid it forward before, and now it's your turn to receive. Remember all of the times you've babysat for others, and that special Christmas you did for a very special family (I haven't forgotten). You always bring a smile to my face when we're together, and I know that you do the same for everyone there. You are an angel already. I'm so glad that you have angels taking care of your family -- you deserve it more than you realize!!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Christy, you are such a special little family! This entry (and the entry before) brought tears to my eyes...we are so excited for the baby and praying for Cailee. The Lord is always watching out for you. You are strong and it will all work out! Good Luck!