The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Very Happy Birthday!!

Today I turned one year older!! Thanks to my wonderful husband, children and aunt, I had a great birthday. This morning Blake took Madie after she ate at 6 so I could sleep a few more hours. When I got up, Blake and the kids had made a cake and breakfast together. The kids were such great helpers! Around noon my aunt came and stayed with the kids and Blake and I (and Madie of course) got to go out for lunch. We went to Fiesta Guadalajara...where when Blake told our waiter it was my birthday he offered me a shot of Tequila (so I thought it was spelled Takila...you can tell I don't drink:). He said it in Spanish and the only word I caught was Tequila and since I didn't really know what he said and kind of got nervous, I pointed out we had a baby with us (the only thing I could think of to change the topic). Blake then informed him in Spanish that we don't drink (thanks hun) so he offered to bring me a sopapia. Once again he spoke in Spanish...translation please. Blake said that would be fine. We enjoyed a wonderful meal and dessert and headed off to the movie...TWILIGHT!!


The sopapia that I got instead of Taquila.


Yes, I finally got to see Twilight. I know there are some iffy reviews out there, but I really enjoyed it. Two thumbs up from me! Of course there were some things about it I think weren't what I pictured reading the books, but overall I really liked it. I told Blake that all I wanted for my birthday was to see Twilight and I got my wish! Blake previously purchased the tickets and when I went to hand them to the guy so we could go watch the movie he asked me if I had another ticket. I asked him if we needed a ticket for the baby and he said I only had one ticket. I had two tickets in my hand, but he kept telling me there was only one...that the other half was his. I was so confused...he asked if we had the receipt and thank goodness we did and was issued another ticket. When we went back he told me once again that the first ticket was only one ticket. I told him (in a very nice voice) that I understood and that it was fine. He then proceeded to tell me again. We said thanks for letting us know, it's not a bid deal and walked away and went and watched the movie. I was determined not to let this man ruin my birthday. The movie was great and we had a great time together.

Madie and I outside the Theatre.


Waiting for the movie to start.


We came home, visited about the movie with my aunt, Blake made a wonderful dinner (BBQ meatballs, rolls and salad), ate cake and ice cream and had a great rest of the night. And to top it all off, we have the first snowfall of the winter...on my birthday!! Thanks to all for a great day! I love you all...my sweet family.
The adorable cake Blake and the kids made for me!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Happy late Birthday, Christy!! I'm glad you had such a fun day. That cake they made for you is so cute!!

Itty-Bitty Portraits said...

nephsyn@yahoogroups.com

Happy birthday! Here is the forum I was telling you about, send an email to is just saying hi if you have a chance, I think you will find it's very nice to have lots of people who know what your going through! Take care,
tina

LeMira said...

Yea! I'm so glad you had a happy birthday! I wonder if the ticket guy wanted you to give him an award for being so smart. You are a wonderful wife and mom, and so I'm glad you got a very special day!

Rebekah said...

Christy, I hope that you had a fabulous birthday. Glad you and Blake were able to go out on a date. I hope that you have felt spoiled by your family. You deserve it. All of you have been through so much this year. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

christy said...

Thanks for all the happy wishes everyone!

Kathy&Mike said...

I was going to ask, How old is "one year older?" but then I saw how old you are on your cake. Ha, ha! No secrets for you! I also loved Twilight. When we went I had to go way early because I was afraid we wouldn't get a good seat. Then we got in the theater and there were only about 5 other people there.

The Draper Family said...

Hi,

Am I a loser or what?!!! I probably even talked to you on your birthday! I am so sorry. Sounds like you had a good one anyways. Do know I am always thinking about you and your family, hopefully that counts for something! Love you all, Kirston