The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Telluride

I've picked up a fun new hobby recently. Mountain biking!! It's an absolute thrill and adrenalin rush when I'm riding down a mountain. Up isn't to bad either:) It's been a fun way to see the beautiful creations our Father in Heaven has made for us to enjoy! I love riding with my friend Nicole! She and I went to Telluride one day for a fun day of riding and it was amazing! Thanks to her husband who pretty much watched all the kids for most of the day and my husband who finished out the day with my kids, we were able to go have a fun filled day.
Beautiful Telluride-view from the Gondola






That is why I love mountain biking. Nicole and I enjoy stopping and taking in all the beauty. We rode the trail the first time and enjoyed looking around at everything. The second time down we enjoyed the ride.
We decided to try a different trail which turned out to be...well, not for us. Nicole, being the smart one made it down safely. Me, not being the smart one, decided to take a risk I should have never taken and ended up taking flying lessons, the hard way. I was extremely grateful for my helmet and that I had on sleeves and long pants. I cracked my helmet, but not my head! A few doctors visits later...it was concluded that I had a smashed tendon in my hand and jammed rotator cuff in my shoulder. All in all I think I came out of it pretty well! Nicole was awesome and composed and we both got off the mountain safely.
We ended the night with dinner at a restaurant that I can't remember the name of. The food was great, the server was interesting. I wasn't to impressed with his people skills, but concluded that he wasn't impressed with the fact that we are "good girls" and don't drink alcohol (that phrase coming from his mouth...lol). They make a lot of money off of wine sales.
We had a great time and it's definitely an experience I won't ever forget!
Sept. 2010

No comments: