The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I just don't want to forget...

I don't know where the time has gone. It seems like not to long ago I was commenting on how weird it is writing 2010 on everything. There are things from 2010 that I don't want to forget that I keep thinking I'll make time to write down, but don't.

2010:
Madie says, "Hatch" when she wants you to "watch" her.
I love when Madie says, "Hatch, Nelnon" translation "watch Nelson". My kids call my friend Nicole Sister Nelson because she is their music teacher in Primary. Madie picked up on the Nelson part and calls her Nelnon. Makes me laugh every time.
Madie calls her sippy cup a "choopy". She used to call it her "oopy" but has since added the ch onto it. Her favorite thing is a "choopy of milk".

If Madie wants your attention and she's told you to "hatch" and your not, she will tap on you until she gets your attention.

This past Christmas we listened to lots of different Christmas songs. The other day Cailee walked up to Blake and said, "Dad, I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus. You better talk to her about it when she gets home." I was at the store that the time...when I got home he informed me of this and all I could do was laugh. Later I was telling this to my in-laws and she informed us that she didn't really.

Brandon is in pre-school and loves it. One day he came home and told me that one of the boys in his class was "talking trash". This concerned me until I asked what he said and his response was "he said garbage" and started laughing. I hope his whole life that is what he knows as "talking trash".

Brandon obviously does not have any biological brothers and was talking one day to us and made reference to his brothers. We asked who his brothers were and he said, "Preston and Jack." Preston is his best friend. Those two crack me up. I drive them to school and I never drop them off without having a good laugh.

Abby is little miss attitude. I can't imagine where she got it from:) She is so funny when she talks...it's not so much what she says but how she says it. She talks with her whole body! It's in her facial expressions and the way she moves her head in that "oh no, you didn't" motion. It's really hard to not laugh when she's being so serious and talking and moving her body the way she does. Sometimes I will catch her watching herself in the mirror of my China Hutch and when she realizes that I am, she gets all giggly and I LOVE the smile that comes across her face.

Abby loves to read. She is doing well at sounding out words.
Abby also LOVES to draw. She told us she's an artist and I believe it. We sure keep the recycling plant in business!

When Madie doesn't like the answer she's given, for instance, no you just had a "choopy of milk" you can have water, she'll respond, "OOOHHHH". It's so funny coming from a two year old.

Cailee and Abby are sweethearts. Some mornings when I'm doing their hair (which is not always fun) they will tell me, "Mom, your hair looks so pretty today. Or, Mom, I love your shirt or skirt."

Brandon is growing up too fast. I call him "Dude" or "Buddy" most of the time. I was sad to hear him ask me not to call him Dude one day...that his name is Brandon. I have to admit that I'm not good at it at all. I still call him Dude or Buddy. I think he's given up on me and just responds!

Madie has a favorite "kanket" translation "blanket". It 's the exact same kind of blanket her cousin Ashley is attached to. It's pink satin on one side and bumpy pink soft material on the other.

One day Brandon was mad and informed me that he wasn't going to church which Abby stepped in and replied, "but Brandon, church is where you need to be." I just thought it was sweet.

We have a rule that the girls have to modest in their attire. One day Abby came and asked me if it was okay if she was immodest for the day. I of course said no, but thought it was great that she asked me before getting dressed.

Madie and her best friend Meg do everything together. Meg and her older sister have flip flops, also known as "clip clops" by Madie. During the summer when we went to their house, they would pull out the flips flops and where them together. They now where whatever shoes they can find that are the closest to each other. They often pull out hats and where them together. They hold hands when they walk. During Sacrament meeting they can be heard yelling each others names. It's really hard not to laugh. The only place they don't play with each other is in nursery. Mostly because Madie is too concerned with me holding her and not one of the other kids.

When the kids are fighting with each other they've started trying to use middle names in the yelling process. I say trying because most of the time they don't say the right middle name. That part is funny, the fighting part...not so much.

The girls this year have been really concerned about their looks and what their friends think of them. It makes me sad that it has started already. I thought I would have till middle school before I would have to tell them that what other people think really doesn't matter.

As the girls have started losing teeth this year, they have noticed that their adult teeth are not growing in the same place. We've talked to them about braces and said they will probably have to have them some day. Since then, to my dismay, they have informed people that they will some day need to get braces...and when I say they, I mean the people they are talking to. Sooo embarrassing. Thankfully people are good sports about it and say, why, I do need them or something to that effect.

Madie says, "ah, oh" A LOT.
Madie loves to brush her teeth. I hope that continues through her life.

Brandon says "gavonet" instead of cabinet. He doesn't like to be corrected very often. Trust me, we've tried.

Abby and Cailee both take dance lessons. Abby came home one day and said, "I love dance practice, except for stretching...it hurts."

This year we took all the kids to get flu shots. Thought we might as well get it over with all at the same time. Cailee has a REALLY hard time getting shots and started in before we ever got the the doctors office. Madie got her shot first before she had a chance to witness Cailee or someone else cry. She wasn't a fan. The nurse asked who would like to go next and the girls darted for the door. Brandon was brave and volunteered. He didn't cry out at all. We were so proud of him. When we were leaving the girls were whining about how their legs hurt and Brandon said, "I was brave...I didn't even cry."

Christmas night Madie slept in her big girl bed for the first time...officially. We tried once before but the books were in her room and we found her in the middle of the night sitting by the book case and looking at books. After the second night, we put her crib back up and kept her in it for a while. She now does pretty well. We've moved the books out. She doesn't like to stay in bed when we first put her in there and we've started locking the door when we first put her to bed. We unlock it of course when she's asleep. So now when she wakes up from nap time and in the morning, she stands at the door (which is unlocked) and yells for me. Cracks me up.

Madie frequently tells on her siblings. She will come and tell us, push or hit. She will put her hand up on her chest while she says it in her most serious voice. It's adorable. I just hope when it's not cute anymore that they've all learned to get along. Hey, a mom can wish, right?!?

The kids all love to go visit their grandparents and cousins. Sometimes when we are driving in to Grand Junction they will ask if we can just got to grandma's house instead. As much as I would love to, it's just to far away.

Madie loves to talk on the phone. When I'm talking on the phone she'll walk up to me and put her hand up to hear ear and say, "hewoo" until I give her a chance to talk.

As the girls have lost their teeth, it's been fun to see their different personalities. Cailee likes to save up her money for something she really has been wanting. Abby on the other hand just can't wait to spend it. We've had to explain to her that she has to save it up in order to get something she really wants.

Cailee is really brave when it comes to getting her blood drawn but can NOT stand getting shots.

Madie LOVES shoes. She's definitely my girl!! She knows the difference between shoes, boots and flip flops.

Cailee loves to read Junie B. Jones books. She's also enjoyed reading the BFG. They started reading it in class and she came home and read it on her own too.

Abby talks in her sleep. It's really funny to listen to. I think she also sleep walks sometimes. Sometimes she will get up to go to the bathroom before Blake and I go to bed and frequently we find her wandering into Brandon's room thinking it's the bathroom. Or a number of different places. We generally have to help her find her way and she seems really confused most of the time. I always wonder how she makes it to the bathroom in the night when we are in bed.

The kids all like to walk out to the mailbox with us. They like to take the mail out and see if we have "the key" to the package section of the mailbox. I love how simple things excite them.

Madie still loves to snuggle with Blake and I. I still let her snuggle at night because I'm not ready to give it up.

Abby likes to give lots of hugs throughout the day.

Abby is goofy a lot and giggles when she thinks somethings funny.

Brandon loves to talk and talk and talk. We frequently have to tell him to stop talking long enough to get his homework done or finish eating.

Abby's feet have officially outgrown Cailee's. One day I think Cailee was feeling a little bad about it and made the comment, well, at least I don't have huge feet.

Cailee, Brandon and Madie would live outside if we'd let them. Abby has been a bit more of a inside girl this year. Not sure what brought on the change, but she would rather be inside coloring, drawing or doing something else.

Cailee is really reserved in school. She doesn't like to volunteer information she knows. She doesn't like to read out loud. They had a heritage day at school and they each got to tell their stories along with tell about the food they brought to share. When her teacher asked her if she wanted to go next she shook her head no and sunk back into her seat. When it was finally her turn she was really nervous. She talked quietly but gave her presentation. I was really proud of her.

Abby loves school. Her teacher says she's really well-behaved and she's great to have in class. She works hard and is learning so much!

The girls did crazy hair day this year at school. They were both really nervous that no one else was going to have crazy hair. They were both relieved to see other kids and it was amazing how it changed their confidence level about having crazy hair.

Cailee and Madie are best friends. Madie will allow Cailee to do things for her and carry her around and typically gets mad if the other kids try. Cailee can make her laugh more than anyone else.

Abby's favorite "thing" this year is Tinkerbell. She loves everything Tinkerbell.

Abby used to call bangs, veins. She was saying that she wants me to cut her hair so she will have veins. We got a good laugh out of that one.

Madie loves bubbles. When I'm washing up pans that I don't put in the dishwasher she likes to come and have me hand her some bubbles. We've had to move the shampoo bottle up out of reach because she likes to dump some of it out (more like all of it until she gets caught) to make bubbles.

Madie gets caught a lot eating tooth paste. I don't know why but she loves it. Nasty.

Abby is not afraid of the water. In fact, she's not afraid of very much. She's very brave at trying new things.

Abby and Cailee have been known to use the word, "fashion or fashionista" when describing clothes.

Madie is so funny with her eyes. She is full of expression and loves to make faces. She will tilt her head down a little and only move her eyes. It's really funny.

Madie loves books. She can be found looking at books and relaxing on someones bed.

When I curl Madie's hair, she will tell me "hot...blow" so I will blow on her hair after it's curled.

The kids have told a lot of knock knock jokes this year.

When Blake and I ask Madie if she's poopy she doesn't always fess up to it. Sometimes she likes to blame it on her siblings. The other day she had a Jasmine doll in her hand and we asked her and she help up Jasmine and said poopy. She's a crack up.

Brandon likes to wear his hair "spikey". It definitely fits his personality...loud and proud.

The kids continue to enjoy Friday fun-night.

Each day if filled with new adventures with you crazy kids. Some good and some bad. I wouldn't trade you for the world...most day! I love you all with all my heart. Don't ever forget that! Thank you for filling my days with adventure and laughter...sometimes tears. You teach me every day and I am so grateful Heavenly Father trusts me enough to be your Mom.

1 comment:

Darcee said...

I am very glad Abby isn't afraid of water....and that whole almost drowning thing didn't scare her off! That would have been so sad!