The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter...only a week late

I've been a bit busy this past week and haven't gotten a post done about Easter. Friday night before Easter we dyed eggs as a family. It was fun watching the kids dye theirs. Blake and I each dyed one for fun! It's always a great time doing fun kid things once in a while. The kiddos had a great time too. Saturday we went to our wards Easter party. It was going to be outside, but Mother Nature had other plans. So, we had it at the church. I think the kids had a great time...they did a luncheon and had an Easter egg hunt. Brandon got to go with the younger kids thank goodness. The poor guy started fevering while we were there. He didn't eat any of his food, so when we got home we gave him IB Profin to help with the fever. By that night we decided we should take him to the doctor (after talking to my sister to see what the symptoms of strep were) and got him in about 7:30. They did a strep test and it came back negative. The doctor said he had viral tonsillitis. He said he was contagious and that it would be about five days before he felt better. So Easter Sunday Daddy was wonderful and stayed home with him while the girls and I went to church. That morning the kids had a little egg hunt in the house...the Easter bunny thought it was a little too wet outside. So Brandon got to enjoy that at least. Unfortunately he threw up shortly after breakfast so we didn't get any pictures of the kids in their Easter stuff that day (He never wore his). The girls looked adorable though. Today I had them wear their dresses again and we took a few pictures of the kiddos together. All in all we had a great Easter. It was fun to see the girls understand the true meaning of why we celebrate Easter. When we asked them what it was they said,"it's because Jesus was resurrected so we can live with Heavenly Father again." So sweet.

The best part:









6 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

So cute!! Maddie is growing so fast! Glad Brandon is feeling better too!

cami said...

So cute!!! Your kids are adorable! Poor kid, I hope he is all better, its no fun being sick on fun days like that!!

Kimberly said...

Way cute pictures. Funny that we picked the same dresses! The only thing I was mad about was that because Kennedy's was in the infant/toddler section it didn't come with a little sweater. How dumb huh? So I had to try and find one on my own. Oh well, it worked out well enough.

Angela said...

Poor Brandon, getting sick on Easter! Hope he's feeling better. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Cute pics!!

Darren Johnson Family said...

What beauties you have!!!!

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

Glad Brandon is feeling better! I hate having sick kids! Your kids are adorable!