The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear"

A few years ago my sister and I were talking about having children in such a wicked world and the worry that it brought.  During that time I prayed to know if it was right to bring children into this world when there is so much wrong in society.  That year during general conference I heard a number of talks about not fearing.  I felt like we were meant to have our beautiful children.  As their mom I was to be their guardian while we are here on the earth.  It is a very overwhelming feeling today.  I feel more and more everyday the necessity to get my home in order.  It is not too late to get ourselves prepared. 

My goal is to get organized and get our food storage in order.  We have a start to it, now I want to expand on it.  I want to get recipes organized and make sure we have a three month supply of the things we are used to eating and over the next year get a full years supply of the staples that will get us through the extremely tough times that are before us.  I want to get organized so that I am teaching my children more about faith so that when the day comes when they feel the weight of the world on their shoulders, they have the spiritual strength to face it.  I know that there is a lot of anger and fear right now...to be honest I felt sick to my stomach last night as the poll results came in, but the reality is that now we must press forward with faith.  God is the same today, yesterday and forever.  He will not abandon us in this time of need.  I am going to hold on to that.

I can't say today that I'm not afraid, but I will continue to press forward with faith until I can say that I am not afraid.  The song "Be Still My Soul" comes to mind.  It's very fitting today.  I will prepare so that I will not fear.

1. Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;


With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.

Leave to thy God to order and provide;

In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend

Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.



2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake

To guide the future as he has the past.

Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;

All now mysterious shall be bright at last.

Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know

His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.



3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on

When we shall be forever with the Lord,

When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,

Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.

Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,

All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.



Text: Katharina von Schlegel, b. 1697;

trans. by Jane Borthwick, 1813-1897

1 comment:

Mindy Hawks said...

I agree with all of this, Christy! I also felt sick last night after the election. It's such a scary time were living in, but I appreciate this reminder you posted!