The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Taking the first step...

Ethan is starting to take his first steps!!  He started taking a few steps last week and has been taking a few each day.  I have a feeling that he will just take off some day soon.  He loves the attention he gets from everyone when he takes steps.  The kids love to be on the other side and have him walk and lunge to them.  He thinks its so funny to get close enough to whoever is catching him and LUNGE into them!  He laughs and smiles and wants to do it again.  He can stand up in the middle of the room by himself.  I just love this stage.  He is so much fun.

He is getting bigger all the time.  As of today he says:
Mama
Dada
Cracker (he LOVES graham crackers)
baba (bottle)
Once in a while he will repeat a word we've said, but when we try to get him to say it again he just smiles or laughs.  He jabbers a lot of other things that we don't understand.  He holds up his arms if he is done eating or pushes the spoon away if we are feeding him.  He LOVES to throw his food on the floor.  He's got quiet an arm on him too.  He's pretty proud of himself when he can hit one of the kids at the dinner table.  They don't really like that game so much. 
His favorite game is peek-a-boo!  I love when he covers up his eyes.  All we have to say is "where's Ethan" and he plays! 
He has two teeth on the bottom and the top two are trying to break through.
He is a smiley baby most of the time.  He loves to be the center of attention.  He follows me around the house till Daddy gets home, then it's all about Daddy.  He is definately a Daddy's boy.  He can't get to Blake fast enough when he hears him come home from work. 
He eats pretty much anything, but his body doesn't always love it.  He is very sensitive to foods, especially dairy products.  He drinks rice milk now and we have to be careful what he eats.
He smiles with his whole face!  He sometimes scrunches up his nose when he smiles REALLY big!  He makes everyone around him smile.  
He can have some pretty crazy hair and I just love it.  I may not say that when he's bigger, but for now I do.   

1 comment:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Oh my gosh, he is just so cute!! Love to see that boy smile :) He's adorable!