The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independance Day

Independance Day. It seems as the years go by that this day means more and more to me. As a child I think it was all about fireworks and family gatherings. Now it's about those same things, but much more. I have a great respect for so many families whos loved ones are away in other countries fighting so that we can be free to be with our families, free to take our children to watch the fireworks without fear of an attack. I most definately have a respect for those that are serving our country...both here and over seas. It seems like after 9/11 there has been a renewed patriatism here and what a beautiful thing our country is. We are truly blessed to live in such a great country. Our Father in Heaven has blessed us with such beauty here in America and for that I am grateful.

This year we celebrated with our good friends, the Gentry's and Dawnee's family! We had a great time with great food and a lot of "wet" fun! They set up a tarp with water and dish soap so you could slide better. The kids had a blast and I actually took my turn! Dawnee's grandparents neighbors let us swim in their pool in their backyard...we had a lot of fun! It got a bit chilly towards the end, but fun non the less. Later that evening we set off fire works at Jason's parents. The kids LOVED it! We went and watched the city fireworks from a distance, but due to TALL trees, we couldn't see them as well. We had a great day though of lots of celebrating!





No comments: