The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Good-bye Prednisone!

This New Years Eve we had more to celebrate than just ringing in the new year...Cailee took her last dose of Prednisone!! We are happy to say good-bye. It's crazy to think that it has taken so long to get her off of it. She started taking it in June and we are so happy to be done. It was hard to continue to give it to her when it wasn't doing anything for her. She's happy that she doesn't have to take it anymore...it doesn't taste the best. She was so good about taking it though and we are so proud of her. We were so shocked the first time she wanted to try swollowing it on her own. When we first started out we had to crush it and smother it with Hersheys Chocolate Syrup. I remember we were visiting my parents over the summer and we went to give it to her one morning and asked if she could try it. She swolled it right away.

She continues to do well with her blood pressure pills. I wish we could see an end to those, but we are still fighting high blood pressure. We need to talk to her doctor about it next time we go in.

We got the results back from the blood work and they are good!! The white blood cell count was down where we wanted it to be and her doctor (and Blake and I) are very pleased with the count. It's showing that the infusion attacked the right blood cells!! YEA...our first bit of good news. This week we have to take her in to the Pavilion Lab for another urine sample. Hopefully this will bring good news. With the blood results so good, we are getting more anxious to see. It's been three weeks since her last infusion, so we still have three to five more weeks to see results.

Thank you to all those who have kept her in your prayers. I know they are helping and we feel so blessed.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is so great! Hopefully everything continues to go well for her!

Angela said...

Oh that is so wonderful! She is such a strong girl. I hope you keep receiving good news.

Itty-Bitty Portraits said...

I am so happy for you! Calli has 3 more weeks.... I hope! He MD called today and said... maybee we will keep her on a "smidge" through the winter! Ahhh! I hope not. I am taking her for her first pedicure in 3 weeks for a little celebration.

Guymon Family said...

Hooray! I hope she keeps improving.

Unknown said...

Cailee is such a little trooper. You would never know that her little body isn't doing what its supposed to. She is so happy and energetic. I miss our weekly playdates!

christy said...

So do I Annie. The other day I was thinking about just stopping by, but I wasn't sure if you were home. We may have to sometime soon...Cailee came down with the croupe so we'll wait till she's better.