The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Disappointed

Cailee's pediatrician called tonight and said he had gotten the results from the urine test. They weren't what we were hoping for. Her protein level was extremely high, infact, it was higher than the last test. I tried not to let myself get too excited, but when we heard her white blood cell count was down from the blood test, I couldn't help but be excited...with it being our first bit of good news since all this started. The Retuximab did attack the white blood cells, but we found out that if it wasn't the antibodies from the blood cells that caused the NS that it wouldn't do any good anyways. We are hoping that it was the cause and that her protein level drops in the next month as her body starts to rebuild new antibodies. We still have another month before we know the final verdict, so we'll find a way to bring a bit of hope back. Hope for the best, plan for the worst and pray is about all we can do at this point.

It's just getting hard having excitement shattered by disappointment. I was really hoping there would be at least a little bit of a drop. I know that she is in Heavenly Father's hands and He knows what is Cailee's plan here on the earth. I have to trust now in Him. Please keep my little girl in your prayers and thank you to those of you who have already done so and continue to. We are so blessed with wonderful families and friends who keep hope alive when it's so hard to do ourselves.

4 comments:

Itty-Bitty Portraits said...

I am so sorry to hear of your tough news. I will keep your family in our prayers. There is one thing I have realized is that some of the best times come right after some of the worst. We will pray for good news next month.
Tina

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Don't get too discouraged...everything will work out! We will continue to pray for your family. Know that we think of you often!

Guymon Family said...

Remember positiveness comes from the Lord while negativeness come from the adversary. Stay strong, we love you and are praying for you!

Michelle said...

Hey,
I found you on Mindy's blog. You are such a great example to me. Keep your chin up, we are praying for you guys!!