The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Darcee's visit to Colorado!!

WE LOVE AUNT DARCEE!
My sister came to visit us before she heads off to college! The kids LOVED having Aunt Darcee here to play with and I LOVED having her here to visit with, shop with and have a great time. Although she spent a few days sick, we had a really great time! Some of the main highlights of her stay were going to the pool one day and Highline Lake another!! I don't think any of us will ever forget highline though. Crazy story:
Darcee and I had taken Cailee and Abby out a little further on two floaty tubes. I had Cailee and Darcee had Abby. Darcee asked Abby if she wanted out and before she knew it Abby flipped her arms up and was out of the tube. Of course she couldn't swim and went under. Darcee flipped the tube off of where she was and grabbed her. Panicking, Abby kept pushing Darcee back under, which is when I turned around to see. Once it clicked that she was in trouble, I grabbed Abby until Darcee could grab the tube and put Abby in it. SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH and DARCEE TOO. Thank goodness Cailee is scared enough as it is that she wouldn't go out of the tube so she stayed put during the whole thing.
After we got back to dry ground Abby said, "I couldn't talk or scream under the water. It was scary." To say the least. We were just happy she went back in the water after that. All in all though the trip was great. The kids had fun playing in the sand and water and we had a great time doing the same!
Here are a few pics from her stay:












No comments: