The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Monday, June 8, 2009

New Calling

While here on vacation I got a phone call from Blake saying the Bishop was looking for me. He asked me if I had heard from him yet and at that time I hadn't. Later that afternoon I got the phone call. I'm was released on Sunday from my calling as the Secretary in Relief Society and called to be the second counselor in the Young Womens Program! I am really excited to work with the sisters that have been called as Pres. and first counselor and with the youth. I really loved Young Womens as a youth and look forward to having the opportunity to work with the girls!
I am so happy I had the chance to work with the sisters in Relief Society. I will miss working with them, but will enjoy getting to see them still as I feel like I've found new friends in them! So we'll have fun and exciting changes awaiting us when we get home! I'm hoping to get up to girls camp to see the girls at the end of the week...we'll see what happens.
The three younger kids and I are heading home Wednesday and will leave Cailee with Grandma and Grandpa for a few more weeks. She's really excited to stay and have her special time with them. I'm excited to see Blake soon...sure do miss him.
Today I'm going to get at least one of the fatty tumors taken out of my arm. We'll see how that goes. My lil' sis wants us to video tape it since she's working. I don't know about the video tape, but if my Mom wants to maybe we'll take some pictures.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Fun! I LOVED being in YW!! It's the best. Also, I would highly recommend going to Girls Camp if you can. Ragged Mountain is AMAZING!!

cami said...

Congrats~! I was just put in the YW a couple months ago, it it a TON of fun!! We have tiny group of girls, but it makes it a little more personal, You are going to love it!!!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

We are going to miss you in RS, but you'll do great in YW!! Good luck!

Michelle said...

So excited for you Christy-- you guys will do so great with the YW!!

Ashley said...

Wow! That's a big calling... one of which I know you will be GREAT at! The young women are very luck to have you!