The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why don't dogs get married?

Today we were outside after school enjoying the beautiful weather and Cailee asked, "Do dogs get married?" (Seeing our neighbors cute dog)

Me: "No, not really."

Cailee: "Then how do they have puppies."

Me: "Dogs are kind of tricky that way."

Great response I know. Right at that moment I was wishing that dogs did get married so that I would have a better response. I'm so glad that she understands she needs to be married before she has kids, but not so glad that she's curious about how dogs have puppies. Oh how I love the curiousity of my children.

8 comments:

Kathy&Mike said...

Kids always ask those kind of questions when you're not prepared for it!

Kimberly said...

That's so funny. I don't know any parent who is ready to start answering those kinds of questions. One of Hailey's friends just got a baby sister, and now she is asking a lot about how Heavenly Father gets the babies down from Heaven, through the clouds, and into the mommy's tummy! Aaahhh!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

That is so funny! Good response...I probably would have said that dogs DO get married!

Darcy Case said...

That is cute. I like Mindy probably would have taken the easy way out, and said they get married too!

Ashley said...

HAHA!!! That is TOO funny!

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

This is so cute!
Your blog is awesome!
It was great to see you the other night, we should get together more!

Unknown said...

That was the perfect answer!

Preston and Raelene Raban Family said...

That is so cute! I love your response! I have dodged the bullet too often I know someday soon it is going to hit me.