The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

The happiest place on earth...is right where I wanna be...with my own family!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gunna Ride on the Dinosaur Train

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY DUDE!! I know that most moms say that they can't believe how fast their kids grow up and I am one of them. I truly can't believe how fast Brandon has grown. He loves the alphabet, trains, dinosaurs, talking, playing with his best friend Preston, talking, playing (or pestering) with his sisters, talking, drawing pictures and did I mention talking?!? Brandon has developed a love for TALKING. He talks from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed. It's been known for Blake and I to tell him at meal time that he must finish eating before he's allowed to talk again or it would take him HOURS, and that's not an exaggeration, to finish eating. We love his passion for learning new things. He loves to spell and one of his favorite cartoons is Super WHY. He got a Super WHY costume for his birthday and we've enjoyed moments of being zapped with the Why-writer.

His other favorite cartoon is The Dinosaur Train and his friend Preston loves trains and dinosaurs too. They have birthdays only a couple weeks apart, so his mom and I decided to do a joined birthday party...themed The Dinosaur Train. We had a great time with friends at the party. They enjoyed decorating bags, jumping in a blow up jumper, opening presents, hitting a pinata and eating cake and ice cream.









I made Brandon and Preston's birthday cake and decided to take on a new adventure in the cake world. It was a fun adventure that took A LOT of time, but it was so worth it. Everything was edible except the toothpicks and the dinosaurs on top!
I figured out a way to get a real working flashlight into the front of the cake for the headlight. The boys thought that was fun!

3 comments:

Mindy Hawks said...

Wow I'm impressed with that cake!!

Guymon Family said...

That's awesome, great job!

Ashley said...

You always have such fun, creative birthday parties for your kids! And of course your cakes are always ADORABLE! You're kids are very lucky to have such a cool mom! Can't believe how big your kids are getting :) Don't know if you knew this or not, but I'm expecting #4 on Dec. 1st. A little girl :)